Multiflexboard

Pete_G

Jung-Mitglied
I apologise for writing in English, I'm afraid I don't speak German but I know many of you here will, so I'm hoping you can help.

I am trying to buy a multiflexboard (Sleep package) for my T5 Caravelle and VW (UK) are saying that it is not suitable for my vehicle, however I have seen photos of the board installed in Multivans here on this forum and I don't understand why it would not fit in my van, which is exactly the same as the Multivan. I know the design of the board has changed recently but surely it is still suitable. Has anyone here had these kind of problems?

Many thanks in advance.

pete

AW: Multiflexboard

As far as I am aware, there is certain confusion regarding the names in different European countries. In the UK, the "Multivan" is sold under the name "Caravelle". In Germany, however, the "Caravelle" is a different model which does not come with variable seat rails on the floor.

I suspect that VW UK were simply confused because of the dissimilar terminology in different European countries and that the Multiflexboard fits in your van. Do you have the seat rails in your van? If yes, then the sleep package board can simply be installed within minutes.

Yes, I do have the rails and the rear of my van looks exactly like the MV, judging from the many photos on the Jewuwa site. I think you are correct in suggesting that it is a confusion within VW but they are being very uncommunicative and won't explain exactly why the board is "unsuitable".

Many Thanks

pete

Just out of interest, was it "Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK" or just "Volkswagen UK" who gave the wrong information regarding the suitability of the multiflexboard? The former should know that the board fits, but due to the strict division of the corporation into two business units, confusion often prevails as the general telephone hotline operators are sometimes clueless.

They should nevertheless be able to order the board for you and assemble it on the spot.

I spoke the "VW Commercial Vehicles, Customer Services". They said, based on the Vehicle Identification Number that it would not fit but would not put me through to a technical person where I could have argued it out. I have ordered the board from VW spares in North London. If it doesn't fit I can't return it, but I want it badly, so I'm taking the chance. I'm assuming that not only the humans are confused but that the computer software may be at fault too.

I'm sure it will fit.

However, in the unlikely case that it doesn't, the option exists to put it in the marketplace section of this forum, where it will probably be sold within hours.

Please also note that the Multiflexboard includes the complete board and a mattress. The "Good Night Package" includes the drawer for the rear seat bench, a bed cover and the blinds for the windows.

Thanks for all your advice. It would seem that I can buy just the board, without the mattress, which is just what I want. I don't need the "bed" feature, I just want the extra shelf, for more efficient packing of camping gear and increased security from burglars when parked, the fabric "shelf" is easily defeated.

regards

pete

Zurück
Oben